Harnessing the vast benefits of aromatherapy to create solutions focused products for a healthier and sustainable lifestyle is Sarah L Le Mercier, founder of Duchy Designs Home Spa. Founded on a strong foundation to help others suffering from different ailments and mental health issues like her mother did and she does, Duchy Designs Home Spa is an organic, vegan-friendly, cruelty-free and eco-friendly brand with hand-made luxury aromatherapy beauty and bathing products with soy candles infused with charged precious stones for an indulging home spa experience. Sarah studied Fine Arts at Norwich school of Art and Design and the University of Northampton, previously working as a portrait photographer and model before deciding to pursue her passion to study aromatherapy, botanicals and beauty.
I recently caught up with Sarah to talk about her brand, nestled on the grounds of Melton Constable Hall, Norfolk and operating from the beautifully restored north wing of the hall. She told me about the inspiration that led to the birth of the brand, how her ingredients are sourced and some of her customers’ favourites. Here’s what she told me:
“Growing up as an only child in boarding school I’ve always been very independent. I found a love for aromatherapy and botanicals as a young child, often making homemade perfumes for my Mumma. I decided to start my business after the sad passing of my Mumma in 2019. She suffered from so many different ailments and so I wanted to do something to help others who may suffer as she did. Also, living with Bipolar 2, I discovered and enjoyed first-hand the vast benefits that aromatherapy oils can have for mental health issues. So, I put together a series of collections for my brand with wellbeing in mind. I add charged precious stones to match aromatherapy oils, which are also beneficial to one’s overall health and wellbeing. We grow a lot of our own organic fresh botanicals which are a regular feature in our bathing products. We also support local farmers in Sri~Lanka with every purchase of our organic raw coconut oil and coconut milk.”
Both an art and a science, aromatherapy combines essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind and spirit. It enhances physical, emotional and mental health. With an expansive product range, Duchy Designs Home Spa has the very best nature has to offer in luxury Home Spa products. Here are some of our favourite products and all you need to know about them:
- Moonstone & Botanical Hair Serum: This hair serum is ideal for strong, healthy and shiny hair. It is infused in apothecaries with lavender, rosemary, peppermint and rosebuds with charged moonstone to encourage hair growth and health. The ingredients include argan oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil, avocado oil, hemp oil, peppermint and lavender essential oils, mint leaves, rosemary, lavender, rosebuds, and charged moonstone.
- T~tree & Peppermint Face serum: This aromatherapy facial serum is ideal for combatting acne, scarring, fine lines and wrinkles. Oozing with rosehip, jojoba and vitamins C & E, infused with dried organic mint leaves and cleansed rose quartz precious stones, this face serum is a must-have!
- Charcoal & kaolin Face Mask: This activated charcoal and kaolin face mask effectively unclogs pores, removes impurities buried in the deep skin layers, removing dead skin cells and leaving your skin super soft, supple and even-toned.
- Lavender, lemon & Amethyst Shea & Aloe Butter: A luxurious organic whip ideal for your face and body, with so many wonderful benefits! It is ideal for combating stretch marks, wrinkles, acne, scarring and sunspots. It is also very effective in alleviating muscle and joint aches and pains. It is the perfect infusion of fresh lavender and charged amethyst crystals to relax your body, soul and mind. It removes impurities in the deep derma layers of the skin.
- Coffee & Cinnamon Face Scrub: This organic awakening coffee face scrub is infused with cinnamon essential oil, fine cane sugar, skin-loving apricot kernel oil, and vitamins C & E. It is very easy to use too. Gently rub in circular motions onto your face and wash off with lukewarm water, splash with cold water, and then pat dry with a warm fluffy towel.
- Self love Ritual Bath Salts: These self-love ritual bath salts are a romantic mix of rose buds and petals with Epsom, dead sea and Himalayan pink salts. With skin-loving jojoba and vitamin E oils, infused with ylang-ylang and bergamot aromatherapy oils, your self-care days just got better! It comes with a wooden spoon so you can set your intentions, stir and sprinkle your salts.
- Rosewater face mist infused with Rose Quartz: This decadent mix of rose water, rosebuds and charged Rose Quartz is the perfect addition to your skincare routine. Spritz on your face to refresh your skin any time of day, or use it as a toner as part of your daily skincare routine.
- Grounding Bath Salts: These bath salts are a decadent mix of rose petals, Epsom and dead sea salts, with activated charcoal, skin-loving jojoba and vitamin E oils infused with frankincense and myrrh aromatherapy oils, presented in beautiful layers. It comes with a wooden spoon so you can set your intentions, stir and sprinkle your salts.
- Orange & Grapefruit uplifting Body Scrub: This luxurious exfoliating scrub is a special blend of fine cane sugar, ground oats, ground almonds and a carefully selected blend of skin-loving oils infused with uplifting orange and grapefruit aromatherapy oils to exfoliate, moisturise and brighten the skin.
A plastic-free business, Sarah understands that plastics have the potential of harming our environment which is why Duchy Designs is keen on being 100% plastic-free. She hopes in the near future to see more natural beauty products and no parabens or plastics in the beauty industry.
Rest, revive, revitalise and allow yourself to breathe in real aromatherapy essences which will not only rejuvenate your body but your mind and soul with these must-have products. Find all these and more on the brand’s website www.duchydesignshomespa.com and find them on Instagram @Duchydesignshomespa