Hard Rock Cafe is heading south of the border for its latest menu innovation to offer a fiesta of fiery food! The international brand is turning things up a notch and paying homage to classic Mexican cuisine and cocktails with its signature flair as part of the new Taste of Mexico menu. Beginning May 2, 2016 the limited-time menu will be available at participating Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations across North, Central and South America, as well as Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As part of the Taste of Mexico menu, Hard Rock developed a variety of new food and beverage options which will be available at each cafe. The menu includes tacos, quesadillas and vegetarian dishes, all of which incorporate traditional Mexican-inspired flavors. The new menu offerings will also be paired with the Mezcal Cocktail Tour, a selection of adult drinks made with Mezcal from Mexico and served with a Hard Rock twist in one-of-a-kind vessels.
“Hard Rock Cafe’s guests expect bold flavors and unique dining options, which is why we wanted to embrace ethnic and flavor-forward cuisine as part of the Taste of Mexico,” said Antonio Bautista, SVP of Franchise Cafe Development & Operations for Hard Rock International. “The addition of the new menu items reflects the brand’s commitment to satisfying our customer’s ever-evolving taste profiles and providing an authentic dining experience that guests can’t find anywhere else.”
Hard Rock Cafe’s Taste of Mexico menu will feature fresh and cutting-edge dishes, including:
· Yucatán Style Shrimp Ceviche – features steamed shrimp with lime, orange, avocado and cucumber served with yellow corn chips
· Crispy Shrimp with Aji Amarillo Sauce – features Panko breaded shrimp topped with queso fresco, spicy pecans, cilantro, green onions and feta cheese drizzled with a zesty Aji Amarillo sauce
· Pan Roasted Shrimp with Mezcal – features grilled achiote and chipotle spiced shrimp served in a roasted tomato, arbol and poblano broth with chopped cilantro, mescal, Aji Amarillo, drizzled with chili orange vinaigrette and served with Mexican rice
· Grilled Shrimp with Mexican Street Corn Salad – features achiote grilled shrimp with black beans, topped with pico de gallo, avocado, jalapenos and roasted corn served over spring mix and tossed with a chili orange vinaigrette and a drizzle of Aji Amarillo sauce
· Fiesta Chicken Quesadillas – features shredded chipotle chicken served with grilled pineapple, cotija cheese, salsa queso fresco, mixed cheese, picante sauce and a side of sour cream, guacamole and picante sauce
· Smoky Chicken Tinga Tacos – features shredded chipotle chicken served with tomatillo salsa, cotija cheese, Aji Amarillo salsa, queso fresco and picante sauce
· Assorted Huaraches – features corn masa and black bean cakes topped with choice of barbacoa, chorizo, southwest chicken, or carnitas and served with avocado, queso fresco, pico, cotija cheese, picante sauce and sour cream
· Assorted Mexican Street Tacos – features a choice of carnitas, barbacoa, southwest chicken or shrimp street-style tacos served in white corn or flour tortillas and topped with shredded lettuce, queso fresco, pico, cotija, picante sauce and sour cream
· Mexican Street Corn Fritters* – served with tomatillo salsa, lime crema fresca, cotija cheese and habaneros
· Chipotle Sweet Potato and Quinoa Tacos* – served with pico, queso fresco, tomatillo salsa, cotija and sour cream
The Taste of Mexico menu will be perfectly paired with the Mezcal Cocktail Tour, which showcases adult drinks created with Mezcal, an agave-based distillate made through an ancient process over 500 years old. Featured cocktail offerings include:
· Troublemaker – features Los Almantes Mezcal mixed with Monin Chipotle Pineapple, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, muddled red jalapeno rings
· Diablo – features Los Almantes Mezcal mixed with muddled cucumber wheels, lime juice, mango purée and agave, topped with Ginger Beer
· Amigo – features Los Almantes Mezcal mixed with Luxardo Liqueur, Blueberry Real, fresh lime juice and Orgeat syrup
Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe Lagos to try out the latest Taste of Mexico menu items or visit www.hardrock.com for more information.