Creating the right platform for the next generation of fashion creatives on the continent is what Fashion Focus (previously known as Young Designer Of The Year) in partnership with FETS Wallet and Avivere, seeks to achieve. This life-changing innovative idea was birthed in 2011 and has so far brought up-and-coming designers to the limelight in Nigeria.
Proud of the success stories that have emanated from the initiative, StyleHouse Files, organizers of Lagos Fashion Week, which created Fashion Focus has extended applications to other countries on the continent. Fashion Focus is dedicated to the growth and promotion of emerging talent in the fashion industry through mentoring and awarding a grant via the Fashion Focus Fund.
“Opening up opportunities that the Fashion Focus programme offers to emerging talent across the continent is in line with our commitment to developing the African Fashion Industry. The vision is to provide a level playing field for African fashion talents to thrive within Africa and the rest of the world.” Londe Thompson, Programme Director, Fashion Focus Africa explains.
Here are the things you need to know before you apply for the 2018/2019 edition:
Why should I Apply?
● Eligibility to apply for the #LFWNG Fashion Focus Fund
● Business and Creative Skills Workshop
● Business and Creative Mentoring
● Opportunity to showcase at LFW in 2019
● Endless access to market opportunities
● Designers must have a minimum of 2 years working experience
● Designers will be required to send mood boards and sketches of their work in addition to physical samples
● Designers must have existing points of sale
● Designers must be capable of developing and presenting a full collection
How do I Apply?
View and fill out application forms here: http://lagosfashionweek.ng
What’s the Application Deadline?
14th September 2018
All applications received will be reviewed. Ten (10) shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their work to a selection panel at Lagos Fashion Week in October 2018. The 5 Finalists for the Fashion Focus Africa 2018/19 session will be announced and the programme will commence December – January 2019.
Don’t forget to follow us on:
YouTube: Glam Africa Mag