This week Glam Africa will be celebrating Africa’s fashion industry and our inspiration for this theme comes from the upcoming Mercedes Benz Fashion Week taking place in Johannesburg, South Africa later this week.
The SA Fashion Week Designer Pop Up Shop is another event we are keeping our eyes and pockets close to which will take place from the 30 August to 2nd September 2017. It is the only one of its kind in South Africa and it will be spread over four days promoting SA’s top designers as they introduce their new collections for the coming season.
Why should Designers and public should attend the SA Fashion Week Designer Pop Up event:
1. Personal Connection and Brand Awareness: The platform allows designers to connect personally with many potential consumers as well as with relevant media and retail buyers.
2. Increase in sales: The event will be held at the Bricks and Mortar retail space. Large shopping centres, remains the principal market channel in South Africa where an estimated 95% of all purchases are still done offline. SA Fashion Week allows designers to access this captive market cost-effectively.
3. General Promotion: Designers can benefit from the platform’s high visibility to consumers and the media to build awareness for their own brands.
4. Affordability: The Pop Up Shop offers retail space at a discount of eighty percent on the rental rates typically charged by the participating shopping centres.
5. Market Research: The Pop Up Shop provides direct access to the market which allows designers, to gain valuable consumer insights cost-effectively with which to improve their offering.
Glam Africa will most certainly be there. Who is joining us?