The Vegan & Plant Powered Show – which will be held in Cape Town on 30 and 31 May 2020 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) – will be the first of its kind in South Africa, bringing the vegan, plant-based and conscious living revolution to a mainstream audience.
Aimed at those looking to live and enjoy a healthier, more conscious and sustainable lifestyle, with a smaller environmental footprint, the two-day event will feature international and local celebrity cooks and chefs presenting live demos, as well as over 120 exhibitors showcasing the very latest products from food and drink producers and lifestyle brands in the vegan and plant-based industries from around South Africa and the world.
Designed to cater for the whole family, The Vegan & Plant Powered Show will include:
- The Plant Kitchen – The Celebrity Chefs live cooking theatre, which will include top international and local celebrity chefs and cooks in action as they demo fantastic vegan and plant-based dishes.
- Innovation Awards – celebrating creativity and innovation within the vegan and plant-based sectors.
- The great big vegan banquet – a 3-course menu inspired by the show’s celebrity chefs, plus their anecdotes, stories and tales.
- A Plant-Powered Fun Run to help raise funds for charity.
- Ethical and sustainable vegan and plant-based products and solutions.
- Creative and cutting-edge innovations and the very latest products.
- Pop-up restaurants.
- Celebrities, special guests, entertainment, unbeatable shopping, show offers and free tasters.
- An abundant selection of food and drinks.
- Mindful drinking cocktails and vegan wine walk
- A VIP Luxe Experience – star treatment for visitors to help make their day out extra special.
- A Kid’s Plant Power Zone with activities to keep children entertained.
One of the show highlights will be the ‘Plant-Power Talks’ (on the ProVeg Stage), hosted by leading plant-based food and lifestyle organisation ProVeg International.
Event organisers, Live Events is pulling out all the stops to make this a spectacular event, which is set to become an annual showcase for the industry. Details of the Johannesburg date and venue will be announced soon.
The Vegan & PlantPowered Show is not only aimed at vegans and vegetarians but also flexitarians, reducetarians, sports enthusiasts, individuals who have compromised their health and those looking for healthier and more ethical lifestyle choices for themselves & family.
The Vegan & Plant Powered Show
- Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town
- Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 10:00 to 19:00
- Sunday, May 31, 2020 from 10:00 to 17:00
Follow Glam Africa on social media: @GLAMAFRICAMAG