Is there anything more delicious and easy to make than a grilled cheese? I think not!
Try this satisfying Apple brie bacon grilled cheese.
12 slices bacon
8 slices sourdough bread
1 (7-ounce) wheel camembert or
Brie cheese, cut into 16 slices
1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
4 tsp honey
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, about 4 minutes on both sides. Drain the bacon on paper towels, but reserve the bacon fat in the skillet.
2. Layer 4 slices of the bread with 2 slices of cheese, 4 slices of apple, 3 pieces of bacon, and 1 teaspoon of honey and finish with 2 more slices of cheese. Top each with a slice of bread.
3. Pour the bacon fat out of the skillet into a small bowl. Measure out 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat and return it to the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and heat over high heat.
4. Place 2 of the sandwiches in the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until the bread is browned and the cheese is fully melted. Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and set aside.
5. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of bacon fat to cook the final 2 sandwiches in the same way.