Describing her genre of music as ‘Afro Brit’ young Vicky Sola is an award-winning music sensation residing in London. Her debut single ‘OMG’ entered the UK Urban Club Chart at Number 18 and remained consistent in the Top 30 Chart for a whopping 7 weeks.
Join us, as we get up close and personal with Vicky Sola.
– Give us five facts that your fans should know about you.
I love to cook,
I laugh a lot
I made it up to the top 50 girls on xfactor 2010
I have a crush on Anthony Joshua
I don’t smoke or drink alcohol, got to look after my vocals.
– How would you describe your sound?
Afro fusion with a British twang ‘Afro Brit’
– Who most influences your music?
I don’t have a particular person that influences my music. I get inspirations from, God, everyday life experiences, things/objects and people.
– What songs are on your playlist right now?
Fantasia ‘No Time for it’ and Brandy ‘Beggin and pleedin’
– Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Hmmmm, from the international market it would have to be Adele and Beyonce, From the African market I would love to work with 2baba, Omawumi, Tiwa savage and Yemi Alade.
– Is there anything you would tell your younger self or your younger listeners?
To always put God first in everything you do, stay focused and run after your vision while you are still young so that you will reap your rewards later.
– Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself touring the world with the Vicky Sola Brand expanding into different sources.