Vlisco is making sure the next generation of fashion African creatives gets the firm foundation needed to take over the industry. Africa has birthed a lot of fashion designers that have gone on to do great works on the international stage, but the question still remains, are we doing as a continent to produce and equip the up-and-comers of the industry?
That’s where Vlisco comes in with this laudable initiative christened ‘Vlisco Fashion Fund’ for emerging designers from within and outside Africa. The winners take home €5.000 and two weeks masterclass training at Meester Coupeur in the Netherlands. However, the winners will be picked from 6 West African countries, where Vlisco operates, from the diaspora and other African countries as well.
Who can apply and How to apply:
- All emerging African fashion designers, living in- or outside Africa, are welcome to enter the contest.
- To participate you must have some, but no more than 3 years of professional experience as a fashion designer.
- You can have a maximum of 2 employees.
- You should be able to demonstrate that the funding of €5.000 is necessary to move your business forward.
- Create an account on this page with your email address and choose a password.
- Click the ‘Start Your Pitch’-button to create an account.
- Find the confirmation email in your inbox (don’t forget to check your spam box).
- Submit your portfolio, CV and business plan through our online application form on this page.
- Finalize the application by September 16 2018. By creating an account, you are able to save your plan and continue to work on it when it suits you best.
Previous winners of the fund, Belinda Ofori (Ghana), Constance Mensah (Ghana) and Sali Ouattara (Ivory Coast), share their thoughts on what they learnt from the masterclass session in the Netherlands, Watch below:
Don’t forget to follow us on:
YouTube: Glam Africa Mag