Life today is full of negative energy. Everyone has a reason to either complain or worry, often stifling happiness. But despite life’s misfortunes, we have to start looking for way to feel comfortable within ourselves. When problems arise, avoid only seeing the negative. Use them as an opportunity to become the beginning of good things. However be realistic in your expectations, both of yourself, others and the situation.
After failure, we normally want to rediscover ourselves, forgetting our shortcomings and move on. This is not the solution! In order to move on we must learn from the past, not ignore it. What we must remember is that courage does not always roar. In reality, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: “I will try again tomorrow and do better” despite past failures. We all face difficulties and we all have unique technics to handle them. Every problem is bound to effect change, either positively or negatively. The impact of the change is controlled by you! It is up to you to choose how the problem will affect you. We need to learn to cope with every situation we find ourselves without letting fear holds us back.
This is not to say that we underestimate it, but do not allow the situation to blow the problem out of proportion and over power you. Get up and find a solution that works with your needs.
As humans, we need to develop some more survival skills; not merely to survive, but to enjoy life at the same time. Try out a few of these and remember to breath. Things will get better but that is in your control.
- Read some wise and motivational quotes or speeches. Create a quote bank of it helps to empower you.
- Choose friends who are successful; not in what they have, but in how they think. Ones who will push you to be a better version of yourself
- Do things you enjoy; it brings with happiness and contentment.
- Remember that ultimately you answer for and to no one but yourself. Start to accept who you are and change for the better, not to fit into a box that society has squeezed you into, but into a mould that you have created for yourself.
- There is no shortcut to anywhere worth going, and nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Push yourself! Do not surrender the command over your life to external forces like poverty, depression, frustration, fear, faults and setbacks.
The only way to find limits of the possible is by trying to go beyond them. This requires POWER:
Passion for the purpose
Opportunities should be utilized
Willingness to accept the repercussions of your actions
Energy to achieve or vision
Resources to attain our objectives
Don’t forget to follow us on:
Author: Mike Andrews
(Image by Successful Black Woman)